To Chop or Not to Chop; the buzz about short hair


Hair is important! Many people take pride in caring for their hair and making sure it is looking great. We are interested in what products will keep down the frizz, or promote the most healthy shine. I'm sure some of you can relate to this. 

My hair has been the absolute most basic hair. Naturally dirty blonde and awkwardly wavy. I got my first drastic haircut when I was 9. I went from 'stomach-length' hair to shoulder length hair. It was pretty exciting for a 9 year old. After that I never touched it, other than the odd trim to keep away split ends. For 10 years my hair just grew and grew and grew! 

About a month ago, I decided to CHOP. 

It was honestly one of the most spontaneous decisions that I have ever made. I decided on a Tuesday night, called Wednesday morning and got in that afternoon. I went to a salon in downtown Calgary, called The Ginger Group. It was fantastic. After 10 years of long hair, I figured it was time for a change! 

The salon had a really cool atmosphere. It was in an old brick building mixed with a really modern look. The staff was friendly and the prices were reasonable. 

I have been blessed with an extremely round face. I find that having short hair flatters my face and I am very thankful for that. Also, people have told me that I look a little bit older. When we are young adults, it feels pretty good not to get ID'd... for some reason that changes as we get older. :P

It is so much easier to do my hair now. As a college student, I find it difficult to find time to actually care about my appearance. Homework is stressful, yknow? :) My hair takes honestly about 5 minutes to dry with a hairdryer, but if I choose to let it dry naturally, it only takes about 40 minutes. Curling is easy. Straightening is easy. Everything is easy! It feels light and happy. 

What do you think about short hair? 

No comments