Cinnamon Spread


When I was growing up, my sister and I spent a lot of time at my grandparents house. I have several 'taste memories' from our many meals there, but one that stands out is cinnamon spread on toast! We were never allowed to have that at home, so it was such a treat at grandmas house. 💓 She bought it in a small tub, it was called 'cinnamon spread' by the brand Imperial. We had it for breakfast after sleepovers, or as a sweet afternoon snack. I honestly loved it so so so much!

My grandma passed away a few years ago now and I completely forgot about the delicious treat we used to have. I was reminded a few days ago when I was recipe testing for cinnamon buns (coming soon). I was playing around with the filling for the buns and realized that what I had created tasted EXACTLY like the cinnamon spread from my younger days - instant taste memory!


Directions

Melt the butter in a medium sized bowl, then add the sugar. Allow the sugar to dissolve into the warm butter and then add the cinnamon. Stir well and set aside - the mixture should thicken slightly.

Next take half a cup of fresh cream and whip it until stiff peaks form. Once the cinnamon mixture has become somewhat 'gelatinous', go ahead and fold in the whipped cream. I prefer to leave the whipped cream unsweetened because of the sugar in the cinnamon mix, if you want to use sweetened whipped cream, feel free - it will be extra sweet! 

Place the cinnamon spread in the fridge for at least an hour to let it firm up, and then it is ready to eat! 

It is important to keep this spread refrigerated as it can soften at room temperature. Like I said before, the spread is great on toast, but it is also really delicious with apples! 


Let me know if you re-create this recipe & be sure to come back for more!

Thanks for reading,
Madison xx



No comments